Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Writing Journal

The Process for continuing my story has been a little difficult, but once i got advice on what to do my flow of writing has been much smoother. What i've began to do is writing sections or chapters for the story in no particular order. This helped me create conflict because before i started doing this i was very stuck on how to get my story to progress. With the new chapters i will write around it making it all connect. the chapters and events jumping from one character from the next it gives me more to write about. For instance i've almost finished three pieces that revolves around a party that Mills, Karen and Gabriel go to. At the party a number of events take place causing all three characters to come together at some point, this also gave me a chance introduce a character that did not play a special role( Karen's old Best Friend). I used this to time to show more parts to Karen and Gabriel.
The next pieces that i am near to completing is where i try to show where the relationship stands between Mills and James( Her aunt's Husband).I'm also considering having James personal prospective on things because i feel like i haven't let his character grow in to his own person. I think it would be good to show his personal prospective on the events that take place in his home, maybe giving him a secret of his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment